Image from magazineart.org
I got a head start last night soaking the black beans and making the artisan bread dough. When I'm done today, I'll have
- a big pot of black beans
- a chicken, cooked and picked
- a big pot of homemade chicken broth
- 2 1/2 quarts homemade yogurt
- pumpkin purée (We have two large pumpkins from our garden. I may have to do the second pumpkin another day because they won't both fit in my oven!)
- 1 1/2 batches of artisan bread dough, mostly for pizza
Now that it's all started, I just need to keep up my momentum when things finish—drain, rinse, package, and freeze the beans; pick the chicken and strain and store the broth; scoop out the pumpkin and purée the flesh.
I love how just a couple of hours in the kitchen can reduce my reliance on convenience foods for the next two weeks.
Current inspiration: The Kitchen Counter Cooking School and Ruhlman's Twenty