Image from magazineart.org
The huge pumpkins took much longer than I had planned on, and I ended up spending a good part of the day in the kitchen putting hot baked pumpkin through the food mill. I also somehow managed to get all the laundry done. I was pretty tired by the end of the day, but it felt good to know how hard I had worked all day when I sat down to a good dinner (with a clean kitchen!).
Here's what I had by the end of the day:
- 6 cups chicken pieces
- 3 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 19 cups pumpkin, frozen in 2-cup portions
- 1 pumpkin pie
- 6 jars pumpkin butter, frozen
- Black beans for three meals plus 2 cups extra for the freezer
- Bread dough in the fridge, ready to go
- 5 cups plain yogurt and 5 cups vanilla yogurt
- A clean kitchen
I think today will be a day to spend with the kids. Maybe some outside time, too.