11/12/11

Kitchen day update

Image from magazineart.org


The huge pumpkins took much longer than I had planned on, and I ended up spending a good part of the day in the kitchen putting hot baked pumpkin through the food mill. I also somehow managed to get all the laundry done. I was pretty tired by the end of the day, but it felt good to know how hard I had worked all day when I sat down to a good dinner (with a clean kitchen!).

Here's what I had by the end of the day:
  • 6 cups chicken pieces
  • 3 1/2 quarts chicken broth
  • 19 cups pumpkin, frozen in 2-cup portions
  • 1 pumpkin pie
  • 6 jars pumpkin butter, frozen
  • Black beans for three meals plus 2 cups extra for the freezer
  • Bread dough in the fridge, ready to go
  • 5 cups plain yogurt and 5 cups vanilla yogurt
  • A clean kitchen
The freezer and fridge are full, and I'm looking forward to making a pizza with the bread dough tonight. It really takes only five or ten minutes to get a pizza going when I have everything ready and on hand.

I think today will be a day to spend with the kids. Maybe some outside time, too.

2 comments:

  1. Whew! That makes me tired.

    You should do a post on how you make pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the cooking marathons, too, and you have to clean as you go or else you'll loose all control.

    ReplyDelete