9/16/11

Today's goals


It's been a rough week. I had an arthritis flare-up last weekend, and it left me feeling tired, sore, and crummy. I tried to rest for a few days and just keep up with the basics, but I needed something to get me back into productivity. After all, life keeps moving on whether I'm sore and tired or not. And I'm happier when I'm doing something.

I've noticed in the past few weeks that when I make a to-do list, I have a hard time getting everything done, but when I set a few well-chosen goals (especially when I share them with someone else!), I almost always accomplish them.

To get myself going again, I set a few easy goals. Yesterday, I made an appointment with the rheumatologist and took a nap. Today, I spent quality time alone with each of my children and did some sewing. It's amazing how just setting a few goals (and telling my husband about them, so it's official) can make my day so much more meaningful and productive. I guess I'd better keep it up!

You can download a weekly goal-planning sheet here.

3 comments:

  1. I'm having an RA down day today too. I hope your nap helped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the link to the weekly goal planning sheet. Sometimes I feel as though I don't use my time as wisely as I should; this might help me change that a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, my husband and I were just discussing some long-term goals this weekend. We intended to follow up with some short terms ones as well and this will help give some structure.

    ReplyDelete