I used to post the funny things my kids say here. At some point I started putting them on Facebook instead, but now I'm wishing I could see them all in one place. So I'm going to grab them and put them here. I should probably have a page in the scrapbook for them too.
- Me: "Will you give me that spoon, please?" Red Chief: "My name's not please!"
- Mr. Mordecai: "What should you do if someone asks you to smoke?" Red Chief: "Say, 'May I please smoke?'"
- Red Chief: "I'll be an old man when I get four."
- Red Chief: "I would like a new mommy. Not you, you're the old mean mommy."
- Red Chief: "Mommy, you're not being patient enough."
- Red Chief: "What should we clean today, Mommy?"
- Red Chief has built an "inspiring vacuum" out of styrofoam, cardboard, and tinkertoys.
- Me: "Red Chief, do you want anything at the store?" Red Chief: "Um, a flying trapeze."
- Just caught Red Chief trying to stuff the cat in his backpack.
- Red Chief is playing daycare with Tiger Lily. That means he shuts her in the playroom.
- Red Chief: "Lom, le luilder, lan le lix lit . . . ges gwee canic! Mommy, I'm singing Bob the Builder in French!"
- Red Chief: "I'll do it in a jiffy in just a minute."
- Red Chief is trying to charge me $100 for washing my windows.
- Red Chief, in tears, with carrot in hand: "Mommy, my mouth feels like tasting sugar."
- Red Chief: "Mommy, you're out of order." Me: "Red Chief . . . " Red Chief: "Mommy, I'm sorry, you're in order."
- Four-year-old Red Chief just put in a load of laundry all by himself with no prompting from me just because he wanted to help.
- Red Chief: "Mommy, if we have four kids, will the builders have to come and demolition our house and build a new one with four beds?"