7/4/11

T-shirt and suspenders jumper






I made this little jumper for Tiger Lily out of an old t-shirt and a pair of broken suspenders. I meant it to be a skirt, but the waist was too wide so I found the suspenders in my stash and attached them. I bought the flower buttons the next day because I thought it need another little something.

The only thing that isn't working is that the suspenders are shrinking in the wash and the jumper is getting a bit shorter every time. I guess we can start putting leggings under it!

I still have a lot to learn about working on knits (like figuring out how to get the zigzag feature on my machine to turn out right), but old t-shirts are a great place to start, I think, because if I completely mess something up I've only wasted something I was going to throw away anyway.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cleaver idea and so cute. I wish I could wear a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling! LOVE that you used a tee shirt under it! great idea!

    ReplyDelete