5/27/11

Ticker tape doll quilt




Tiger Lily's birthday is coming up. I meant the pinafore for her birthday, but I just couldn't wait to give it to her. So today I made her this quilt. She's also getting a doll stroller. Maybe I'll make her another doll blanket and matching pillows; we'll see if I get time. I've promised Red Chief that next I'll make him a pillowcase from some bug fabric we picked up from the thrift store.

I used this tutorial. Mine turned out looking different because I used bigger scraps, but I like it. I made it entirely from scraps from a package Erin sent me a long time ago (thanks!). She's an amazing seamstress and writes a very interesting blog. I'm looking forward to working my way through some more of the fabric she sent.

3 comments:

  1. adorable! I've wanted to play with this kind of quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAH!!!! I love it!!! So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete