5/18/11

Recently tried recipes

  • Garlic teriyaki edamamme: I haven't had a lot of edamamme, but if I make it again it will be because of this recipe. I used shelled edamamme.
  • Sesame noodles: We love these. They are a bit oily, but at least the noodles don't stick together.
  • Waffle tacos: These were yummy and fun for my waffle-loving kids. I love how the "meat" mixture is half black beans. I used ground turkey. It turned out kind of chili-like. I'm definitely going to make these regularly. They are less mess to eat than tacos.
  • Cornmeal waffles: I made these to put the black bean taco meat on. They went well together. I'm always forgetting to pick up tortillas and taco shells, so I'm glad to have this recipe as an alternative.
  • Chicken gyros: Probably not authentic, but tasty. I made the cucumber sauce with Greek yogurt and it was perfect. I forgot the feta both times I made it, but we didn't miss it.
  • Crustless spinach quiche: I think I've shared this before, but we just love it so much. I usually leave out the onion (which makes it quicker to make) and I use Cheddar cheese or whatever we have in the fridge. This is a staple meal around here for the last day before I go to the grocery store.
  • Red radish and cucumber salad: We had this with Easter dinner and it was very nice. I used dried dill. Next time I will use less sugar and white vinegar to suit my taste.
  • Tammy's easy pizza: I've been making this dough while Red Chief was not eating dairy (he's back on it for now, yay). It works well. This week I started making pizza with 5-minute artisan bread dough, though, and I think I'll be doing that a lot in the future. I can assemble a pizza in ten minutes, then I just have to wait for it to bake. The kids have had homemade pizza for lunch twice this week. I'm trying to think of other healthy stuff I can do with the dough for lunches. Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. One of my coworkers had chicken tenders on waffles one night while out with some other coworker, and now her nickname is "Chicken Tenders and Waffles."

    ReplyDelete