5/23/11

Bow tie



I've been sewing like crazy lately! I was thinking about why last week because it doesn't really come naturally to me and I'm not very good at it and sometimes I hate it. But I've been enjoying it lately and here's why: (1) a sewing project is something I can actually finish, and not have to do again tomorrow or next week; (2) it feels good to learn new skills; (3) it's a nice change from what I do the rest of the day.

In any case, last week I made this bow tie for Red Chief's preschool graduation. They were supposed to dress in red, white, and blue. I used this tutorial and I think it turned out pretty well (it's a bit crooked in the photo).

Red Chief was very proud of his bow tie, although that was very soon eclipsed by the medal and diploma he received.

2 comments:

  1. That's why I sew, too--something creative I can do that stays done and doesn't need re-done tomorrow, next week, etc. :)

    The bow tie looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - makes him look so grown up!

    ReplyDelete