My son's baby hair was easy to care for because when it got too long I just cut it. But my 20-month-old daughter's hair is another matter. It's finally long enough (barely) to get into two little pigtails—if I can get her to sit still. I've finally found two solutions to get her hair done with minimal tears.

1. Get everything together. I purchased this tiny tote at Target and it holds everything we normally use. I filled tiny bottles with water, hair spray, and detangler and labeled them. Now I'm not scrambling around for what I need while dealing with the fly-away hair of a squirmy little girl.



2. Distract the child. For us, it means sitting down at the computer and bringing up a YouTube favorite. Just for fun, here are a few of Tiger Lily's favorite hairtime movies.











5 Comments

  1. I had to watch the hungry kitten video. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat idea. I think that is a great way to do hair. Having it all together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I feel like I am always scrambling to find all of the little things needed. I think I am going to steal your idea and put things in a tote and I think I that I already have one, perfect!

    Meanwhile I totally made a stupid choice today trying to get rid of our daughters long lasting cradle cap and I've had plenty of hair probs to deal with because of it and a poor little girl who has had to deal with the consequences of my not so smart choice. Lesson: Don't believe everything you read on the internet. :) Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kitty video is just so fun to watch. We've had a houseful like that too and it's kinda scary to have them climb your leg like that! Ouch. Thanks for sharing.
    :]

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.