10/20/10

Seasick



Well, we've disappeared from the world for a few days because we are all, as Red Chief describes it, "seasick."

I hope we're on the mend, but we're still going to have to take it easy for the next couple of days.

Any ideas for keeping an antsy, convalescing four-year-old and his mischievous baby sister occupied and sitting relatively still? If I can muster up the energy, I'd love to do a few fun little craft projects or something, but they need to be simple because I need my rest too!

Oh, and a Red Chief quote: "Mommy, I just heard a white blood cell killing a germ inside my body!"

2 comments:

  1. Some of our "treat" projects when Mom's feeling tired-
    Print off pictures of the kids from your computer and let them decorate them (with whatever you have the energy to clean up!).
    Pens on old clothes. Fun, but Lily may want to then color other things...
    Simple origami
    Hope you're feeling better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that may be the cutest quote ever!

    I've always been told that children heal differently than we do, and while we should encourage them to take it easy, let them play when they want to as they are better at listening to their bodies. I'm amazed sometimes how rambunctious Morgan can be when he was so sick just hours before.

    ReplyDelete