9/27/10

A charming cabin


For the first little bit of our vacation earlier this month, we stayed in a cabin built in the 1930s. As soon as we stepped inside, Tiger Lily started screaming—I'm guessing from the unfamiliar smell of oil and wood cleaner, and also because she'd been in the car all day and was in a strange place.

It was all built from local pine, including the furniture. The gas stove had to be lit with a match, and the oil heater had to be lit with a match on a wire extension. We didn't use the oil heater (pictured bottom) much because I was worried that the kids would burn themselves—it was right in the middle of everything. Luckily it wasn't too cold.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun place to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I'd love to stay there. I don't blame you for the oil heater - *B* has exceptionally soft hands due to kerosene burns from when he was little.

    ReplyDelete