5/20/10

A Brown Bear blanket



My favorite part about Christmas and birthdays with children is finding exactly the right gift. I know these little people so well: I know everything they do and say; I spend all day, every day with them. And it makes me happy when I think of the perfect gift to give them.

One night about a month ago, I was reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? to Tiger Lily for the umpteenth time and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be great if she could have a blanket with Brown Bear pictures on it?" Later that night I looked online for fabric, and to my surprise, it does exist.

So I spent a disgusting amount of money on a few yards and it came in a few days and this weekend I made up the blanket, with giant rickrack around the edges. Now if I can only wait until her birthday to give it to her!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I imagine it was so expensive just due to purchasing the rights to recreate the characters. But knowing it will be a treasure for years should be completely worth it!

    I still can't believe she's turning 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is pretty. Annalise would love that, too. I wish the animal fabric looked easier to cut one's own squares out of. I'm thinking that by the time I get enough time to sew again, Joann's will carry this, and I can use the 50% off coupons that come in the paper. It's nice to see you into sewing. Practice makes better! (And not perfect, either, because some HGTV quilter even made a mistake on TV the other day)

    ReplyDelete