3/17/10

Just checking in



Pi Day was very nice. We had sausage-vegetable pie and banana cream pie.

Baby has caught the nasty cold we all had in succession and is teething and is therefore not sleeping and Red Chief isn't so fond of sleeping lately either so we've had some rough nights lately.

My crocuses and daffodils are blooming. I've been trying to clear out the grass that is encroaching on my flower beds, but it's slow going between a crying baby and a Red Chief who likes to take the snow shovel to my daffodils.

We love Mercy Watson. She's a pig who is treated like a child and gets into all sorts of fabulous mischief. Red Chief loves the books because they're about a pig and they're funny. I love them because they're simple and extremely well written. They make me laugh, too.

3 comments:

  1. Mercy Watson has taken over our home! My daughter is Mercy Watson. She won't talk to me except in oinks. Even at 4:00 this morning when she wandered into my room and I asked her what was wrong she simply oinked at me.
    My kids love, love, love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies with colds are just no fun. Hope she gets better soon.

    Has Red Chief watched Nanny McPhee? My kids love watching that, especially when they dress up the donkey. I'm not sure why, but the Mercy Watson description reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation, TJ. We'll have to check it out.

    Jeanette, that is very funny! My son named one of his stuffed pigs Mercy Watson and it goes to bed with him every night.

    ReplyDelete