12/23/09

The plan


(Click to enlarge.)

We're having a pretty low-key Christmas this year. The shopping is done and the wrapping almost (just waiting on another package to arrive from Amazon today). It will be just the four of us most of the day, and my family will arrive in the evening.

There are still some things I'd like to get done so I can have a relaxing Christmas. I like to start holidays with a clean house. I also like to get some of the food prep done ahead of time so we can enjoy nice meals but still spend time together.

So today and tomorrow, I'll be washing and folding insane amounts of laundry (I'm always behind), trying to keep the house tidy so yesterday's work isn't wasted, and preparing the guest room for my family. Also, the fun part, I'll be doing some prep cooking and one more Christmas craft with Red Chief.

Christmas Eve evening, we should be all set to enjoy a warm dinner,  talk about Christ's birth, and fill up the stockings after the little ones are asleep.


Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. You are superwoman! I still haven't wrapped a thing, I always seem to have a child underfoot or one of the babies in my arms. I'm going to be a very busy woman tonight and tomorrow before all of our family arrives for a Christmas Eve get together. But we too have a low-key Christmas. Just the 6 of us relaxing and enjoying the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ, my plan may be wishful thinking, but I'm going to do my best. It all depends on the kids, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful plan! I've been trying to do somewhat the same thing the past couple of days. I want my house to be nice and serene Christmas day (it's usually a disaster zone).
    Hope you have a beautiful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your plan went off with out a hitch! We had a really good Christmas. NOW it's time to relax! LOL which I'm doing today. feels way good!
    Enjoy your day.
    Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is completely off topic, but I love your sidebars. They look absolutely fabulous. Did you do them yourself? If so, I think you are very clever.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I know we're all looking forward to hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete