12/14/09

The Life of Our Lord




Every Christmas since we've been married, we've read aloud together The Life of Our Lord by Charles Dickens. In this book, Dickens retells the story of Christ's birth, life, and death in simple, clear language.

One thing we love about it is its conversational tone ("I think you have seen a camel. At all events, they are brought over here, sometimes; and if you would like to see one, I will show you one.").

The Life of Our Lord has become a family tradition for us, and I'm looking forward to reading it together through many Decembers to come.

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for sharing this. I wanted a book to read to my family. I might not get to this this year but I am going to remember next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower. I love this idea. I posted about it on my blog. I actually tried to add a link to this post, but I guess it didn't take. I will definitely be coming back to your blog frequently! Thanks for being so inspirational!!!

    Kristen
    alltheproofineed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete