10/26/09

Finishing




Red Chief loves me to sew because the sewing machine is in a room with lots of boxes of stuff that we never use and he gets to rummage in them. Tiger Lily doesn't like me to sew because I lay her on the floor beside me and mostly ignore her.

In any case, I've been sewing quite a bit lately and have finished up some projects that have been in progress for a long time (the longest being about 3 1/2 years).
  • A robe for Mr. Mordecai
  • Pajama pants for me
  • Pajama pants for Red Chief (pig print)
  • Apron for Red Chief / Tiger Lily
  • Crayon roll for Red Chief (I can't find the link I originally used, but this one is similar)
Now I'm tackling sewing all the insignia onto Mr. Mordecai's scout uniform that I should have done a year and a half ago. Better late than never.

I'm still not very good at sewing, even though I have fun. My stuff never turns out as nicely as I'd like, but I'm learning to live with it. And meanwhile, I'm improving—very slowly.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you have to be great at sewing. Most of the time, mistakes fix themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh! Yes! Just in time for all the holidays that are coming up. I'm not much of a seamstress, but I'm attempting some of those darling fashionable aprons this week . . .

    ReplyDelete