I've tried lots of new recipes recently, and more duds than usual!
- Cowboy beans: Gross! I thought barbecue sauce and chili powder sounded wrong together when I read the recipe and I was right.
- Penne with salsa verde: I thought this was so-so, Red Chief loved it, and Mr. Mordecai didn't like it at all. I won't be making it again.
- Black bean and rice salad: I made some alterations, and I love it! I'm perfecting the recipe to my liking and will post it when I get it all figured out.
- Sweet and smoky barbecue beans: These were all right. I'll probably make them again. They need added salt if you leave out the bacon and cook your own beans like I did.
- Snobby joes: These were all right, too, but we didn't love them. I'll probably look for a different lentil sloppy joe recipe.
- Tomato pie: This was better than I thought it would be. We all loved it, and it's a great way to use up lots of tomatoes. I used 1/3 cup oil in place of the butter in the crust, and just stirred it together by hand.