9/25/09

Question mark cookies



We used this recipe for the dough, which is perfect in every way: it rolls out nicely, it keeps its shape when baked, and it tastes great.

For decorating, we mixed 1/4 teaspoon of water with one egg yolk and added five drops food coloring. Paint before baking.

I turned my back while Red Chief was painting and when I looked he had devoured two raw question marks, a little man, and the letters C and D.  He was also playing Super Why with the question mark–shaped cookie cutter.

And since we're talking about punctuation, I just have to say that I love my new Mac because it's so easy to type an en dash.

5 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! Where did you ever find such cool cookie cutters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's part of a big set from my mother-in-law:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D1FJ2E

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome. I am so stealing this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you actually made those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great ideas! I am really enjoying seeing you alphabet ideas; thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete