6/8/09

Wooden stove


The toy stove is finally finished, painted and all. Red Chief loves it. The food and pots and pans that I have been collecting don't match at all, but that doesn't seem to bother him.

The yellow teapot came from a yard sale a year or two ago. I told Red Chief that he could pick any toy he wanted, and he went straight for the real yellow enameled teapot. I thought about making him get an actual toy, but then I thought, "Why not?" It's safe for him to play with, and he loves it.

9 comments:

  1. My boy LOVES aplay kitchen! Whenever given a choice...he gravitates to the kitchen set.
    That one is Beautiful! I always like the real stuff that they like to play with...even if it is big for them.
    Pax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so great! Is there anything that he doesn't have for his stove yet? Play food, dishes, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, he has food and cooking dishes, but no plates, cups, etc. He's doing all right with what he has, though, and I let him borrow from me when he needs to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. that is *very* impressive! good job daddy♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids love to play with my kitchen utensils. The problem is their favorites are my good things like the potato masher and the garlic press.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! What a great job Mr. Mordecai did. It's fantastic. I see many hours of fun ahead for Red Chief.
    I can't believe the time has passed so quickly and your already due. My thoughts are with in the days ahead. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new addition -- looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How neat. It looks great. He will have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks brilliant! I might have to get my other half to make one now for our son! lol

    ReplyDelete