6/25/09

5-minute dinner: Chinese chicken salad


Although I'm enjoying my freezer stash of meals at the moment, I'm trying to extend with some really fast, simple meals that I can prepare either ahead of time or right before dinner. We really like this recipe, and it comes together in about five minutes. Add some bread--even toast will do--and the meal is complete.

This salad is excellent prepared ahead of time: just add the crushed noodles right before serving if you want them to be crunchy. This also makes a great summer meal, as there is no cooking required.

---

Chinese Chicken Salad
  • ¼ cup white vinegar
  • ½ teaspoon sesame oil
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 package ramen noodles
  • 1 can chicken, drained, or 3 chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
  • 1 bag coleslaw mix (or 6 cups shredded cabbage and 2 shredded carrots)
  1. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, and ramen seasoning packet.
  2. In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, chicken, and crushed ramen noodles.
  3. Toss with dressing.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds great! It's been so hot, I've been craving some interesting salads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked my way through college in a few different delis, and this salad was the most popular at one cafe. We also added chopped green onions to the salad portion. It's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom makes this for church events, mmmm mmmm good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this salad before but it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing it on my blog.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete