5/6/09

Resolution: Tidying up


Today I put away several things in our bedroom that have been sitting there for well over a year because they don't have a place. Well, they have a place now, and it's not in a box in the corner of our bedroom. That should leave more room for all the dirty laundry after the baby comes.

I've also been working on establishing a basic schedule for doing household chores. I keep thinking I'll do them on an as-needed basis, but some things just work better on a schedule, such as changing linens, laundry, etc. Also, I find that I don't get some of my less favorite tasks done if I don't have a day set apart to accomplish them. I need more focus to my day, so that I know what I'm going to do when I get up in the morning instead of wandering aimlessly around the house, picking things up here and there. I'm trying to start slowly, then add things little by little.

By the way, I will be continuing with this resolution series, but only as I have time and energy from now on. In just a month or so, I'll be busy with a new baby, and while keeping a new little person alive is definitely a lasting accomplishment (in fact, better than anything else I've done so far this year), I don't think you want to hear about it every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment