Image from Wikimedia Commons

Keyboard games are computer games that children can play without the mouse, by pressing keys on the keyboard, often non-specific keys. These games are perfect for toddlers ages 1-3.

I love these games for my two-year-old Red Chief because he can do them by himself. Eventually he usually manages to mess up the computer, but usually they buy me five or ten minutes. Of course, it's best to sit down with your child, especially the first few times, to help them learn.

I've posted some of these games before, but some of the links are outdated, and I'd like to have a more complete list around for my own reference.

-----

Cause-and-effect games
---

Educational Games
---

Exploration Games
---

Songs
---

Links updated 2/2014.

Please leave a comment if you know of other keyboard games.

---






Related articles:
Mouse readiness games
Preschool ideas for young children
More computer games for two-year-olds


5 Comments

  1. oh my gracious! these will be wonderful for millen! thanks so much.. she'll love them♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! Thank you for compiling this list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys... I'm brand new here however I can not wait to start off having/getting a few good talks with you all! I just figured i would introduce myself to you all so hello!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/games/theme/keyboard/all

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.