5/21/09

Cake roll


When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it. No matter that I've always avoided making jelly rolls since I made one with powdered milk instead of flour as a teenager. I needn't have worried: when you use flour, they turn out just fine.

My alterations were to add 1 teaspoon of baking powder (I think the blog author forgot to put it in the ingredients) and to use powdered sugar instead of strawberry jam in the cream filling. I served it with sugared strawberries on top.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Mordecai,
    Thank You for the heads-up on the Baking Powder I had missed it when I was putting the recipe on the blog. Your Jelly Rolly looks Wonderful & Very delicious!!!
    Thank You,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say Hi, as I am a new reader...love, love, love, your vintage images and the practical ideas you share on your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Perfect for the long weekend ahead too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so yummy! And it would be a really impressive dessert to serve for guests too! I'll have to gie it a try this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear. I wish I hadn't seen that right after a weight watchers meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really nice & something I might try. Love the plate too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mrs M! One of my friends asked me about you -- apparently she follows your blog too and loves it! I just spent an Amazon gift card on a copy of "Artisan Bread in 5 min/day". Wahoo!

    Love you!
    HAH

    ReplyDelete