- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 mashed ripe bananas (1½ cups)
- 1½ cups flour (whole wheat works well)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13” pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add bananas, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to one half.
- Spread cocoa batter in pan. Put remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Adapted from this recipe.