5/26/09

Black bottom banana bars


Ingredients
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 mashed ripe bananas (1½ cups)
  • 1½ cups flour (whole wheat works well)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ cup cocoa

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13” pan.
  • Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
  • Add bananas, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
  • Add flour and mix well.
  • Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to one half.
  • Spread cocoa batter in pan. Put remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife.
  • Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Adapted from this recipe.

3 comments:

  1. oooohh! I have four old bananas I need to use up, I think I'll be trying this. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look yummy! we always have lots of bananas around and my kids like to eat them *green* ugh:P once they get the slightest bit ripe they don't really care for them, so i'm always on the lookout for good recipes☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipes, I am going to copy them.

    I agree the best way to introduce wheat to your family is slowly, just as you described. I started doing this about a year and a half ago, and now my family doesn't even blink at whole wheat pancakes, cookies, rolls and brownies.

    ReplyDelete