5/28/09

Baby's room

The baby's room is finally ready! It would have been ready a long time ago if I had not decided that the walls needed painting when we cleared my sewing things out. Thank you for all your hard work, Mr. Mordecai.


Here's a cross stitch that I finished a few years ago. It's the first one I've successfully finished, probably because it was printed like a coloring book, and all I had to do was fill in the lines. Mr. Mordecai made a beautiful frame for it recently, and it's nice to have it hanging up where we can enjoy it.


Here's the changing table. We didn't have one for Red Chief (no room), but we were lucky enough to find this floor model on clearance. It matches the crib really well. It has a few dings, but since Red Chief's bed has little teeth marks and his dining chair has fork engravings, we figure it would happen anyway.

I like the pictures here. They're from an old daybook that I used in high school with illustrations by Mary Engelbreit.


The crib. We also got this as a floor model, before Red Chief was born. The rocking chair we got at a yard sale. It doesn't really match, but oh, well. You can't see the other side of the chair, but by it is a hideous pinkish-purple nightstand that I bought secondhand and have been meaning to repaint. It houses a lamp, books, and a water bottle for nighttime feedings.


We took the walls from tan to a yellow-tinted white. Doors are painted very pale yellow.


Little dresses waiting for a little girl. Thanks to everyone who has given us clothes--I've hardly had to buy anything new.

7 comments:

  1. How lovely!
    I love the little pink dresses.
    I would love to have another girly girl to dress up...but dressing up little boys is a lot of fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! So adorable! I LOVE the picture of all the girly dresses in a row, I would print that out and put it up somewhere:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dresses look so cute. The whole room does really. I put my girl in dresses all the time. She loves them and always says "Princess!" and twirls around when she wears them. It will be fun having another girl.
    We are still trying to decide the room arrangements for this baby. Will she share a room with her sister or will I put her sister in with her brother until the baby is sleeping through the night? I can't decide...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep telling myself that I need to get the nursery in order. It is full of laundry and the crib and changing table are in pieces. I feel so unprepared for when these babies will arrive, especially knowing that toward the end I won't be able to do any of it.

    Great job. I love the plain wood. Those dresses are beautiful! I am hoping for one more girl, they are so fun to dress up.

    ReplyDelete