4/6/09

Recent recipes

Chocolate waffles.


We loved these peanut butter oatmeal cookies. They're going into my permanent collection, and that's saying something, as I'm quite picky about my cookies.

These chocolate waffles were amazing. I've been craving them ever since I made them last week. I also like that they're very light, but you don't have to beat the egg whites separately. I didn't make the berry sauce; I served them with melted chocolate chips instead.

This apple cake was so-so. It was a bit too heavy and not sweet enough for me.

I tried making these tortillas, but they weren't what I was looking for. After some research, I've decided that if I ever want to make our own tortillas, I'll have to buy a tortilla maker, or at least a press. Rolling them out is a big pain.

6 comments:

  1. you know red chief looks more like a little boy and less like a baby every time i see him! i spose he's readying himself to be a big bro';)

    the chocolate waffles look soo delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, rolling them out is a bit of a pain, but they are done so quickly :)

    Thanks for sharing the picture of your handsome little man...

    Lady M

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chocolate waffles looked way good to me. I love buttermilk syrup. Have you ever tried peanut butter and syrup on your waffles?♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. We recently invested in a tortilla press, and it is much faster. I wouldn't say that I can get them much thinner with it than with a rolling pin, which is what I was hoping for, but they are much rounder and it goes way faster. But don't order one online or from amazon, they're pretty overpriced. Check around for a Mexican market in your area. We only paid about $7-$8 for ours at a boteca in St. Louis. You'll find great deals on masa and beans as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red Chief really does look like a little boy instead of a little toddler! He looks so grown up and big! Crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to the chocolate waffle recipe. We eat lots of waffles in our house, so it is nice to have a change from the norm. They are SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete