4/16/09

Black beans and rice


Ingredients
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
  • ½ cup black beans, cooked (or one can)
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • ½ bunch cilantro
  • 1 can diced tomatoes

Instructions
  1. Combine rice, water, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and bouillon in saucepan.
  2. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
  3. Add beans, lime juice, cilantro, and tomatoes. Heat through.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds so good right now! I'm not sure hubby would let me call just that dinner though. I'll definitely be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never understood why people think of beans as the tasteless food of last resort!

    Cilantro is my new addiction. Love it especially on nachos, too.


    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a good beans and rice recipe, I will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We eat lots of beans and rice also. LOVE the cute graphic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so good! I made it on Thursday and ate it for lunch Friday and Saturday. I bought some clearanced steak, radishes and green onions to serve with for dinner that night. Hubby was happy, the kids were happy and so was I!

    I linked to this recipe today, because it is just too good not to tell others about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, and for linking this on my blog.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete