3/20/09

Recent recipes


Black Magic Cake with Wilton Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
This is a really excellent, moist, very dark chocolate cake. It fulfills my requirements for a favorite cake recipe: oil instead of solid fats, and cocoa powder instead of baking chocolate. The frosting was easier than I thought; a failure with a different recipe a few years ago discouraged me. This one turned out beautifully.

Banana Banana Bread

This was very good, and it used up five icky bananas. I freeze them until I'm ready for them--if I'm feeling lazy, I'll put the whole thing in the freezer still in the peel. The only thing I didn't like was that it was too sweet for my taste. I think I will use less sugar next time.

Creamy Cauliflower Soup
I loved this soup, even though I didn't think I would. It tastes really creamy, but it's quite good for you, especially if you use a bit less butter.

Black Bean Sliders
We all enjoyed these, although I don't think Red Chief was fooled into thinking that these were actual hamburgers. They were a lot less work that I had thought, too; if I remember right, this meal took just over half an hour to get on the table.

8 comments:

  1. those black bean sliders look really nifty! i'll have to try them☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you make the yogurt biscuits to go with the black bean sliders?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I made them and they were very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe resources! I'll have to try those bean burgers. They sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipes! I'm always looking for more to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did you use in place of the coffee in the cake recipe? Or did you leave it out all together? I never know what to do when a dessert recipe calls for coffee (I'm also LDS). The cake looks good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just used hot water in place of the coffee, and the cake still tasted excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum - new recipes! I just figured out this great system I've been working on this week to keep track of all these wonderful recipes I keep finding on your sight and other. You'll have to let me know what you think -
    http://alpinekleinbunch.blogspot.com/2009/03/personal-recipe-file.html

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete