3/12/09

Another toddler scheduling idea


It seems that each time I find something that works for Red Chief and me during the day, it lasts for about a week, and then he needs something new. Lately, I've been trying to get all the morning work done and then spend time with Red Chief. That's turned out to be a bit much for his short attention span. Well, I've found something new that's working for now.

I have a little cup full of wooden popsicle sticks. On each stick is written a different activity: paint, play with cars, play dough, blocks, etc. We'll do one chore together, and then Red Chief gets to pick a stick, and we do that activity together.

So far, so good!

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh what a great idea! I will have to give this a try. We have the same problem in our home too.
    Thanks for sharing and I hope that it lasts more than a week for you.

    ReplyDelete