2/3/09

Recent recipes


Here are some recipes that I've tried recently and liked:
  • Welsh Rabbit--I'd always wanted to try this, and it made an excellent lunch for Red Chief and me. I also have a great new cheese sauce recipe now.
  • Thai Red Curry Soup--We love Thai food, and I love soup, so this was a natural. I'll be adding this to my collection; it was really good and different.
  • Braised Balsamic Chicken--This is really easy, fairly economical when you use chicken thighs, and very good. I use half the vinegar (or twice the tomatoes) that the recipe calls for and it's still a bit strong.
  • Cordon Bleu Casserole--This is not on my healthy list, but it's really good. It is a lot of work, though. It's a myth that casseroles are less work, and this is definitely one of the more time-consuming (and expensive) casseroles that I've made.

7 comments:

  1. Think I'm going to try the Braised Balsamic Chicken this week. Thank you for these links and your advice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Welsh Rabbit! It's such a versatile sauce too.

    It's always nice to add some new recipes to the rotation isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These recipes look lovely! I am definitely going to give the cordon bleu chicken a try! Looks so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look so good! I really need to add some new recipes to the rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you make the Thai soup with seitan? If so, how was it? I've not encountered it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually just used tofu. I've never had seitan before, either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh that soup sounds so good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete