2/17/09

Creamed spinach


This is a great way to get even spinach-haters to eat their spinach.

Creamed Spinach


1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
2 slices bacon, chopped
1 onion, minced
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup warm milk

Cook spinach in microwave and drain well. Fry bacon. Cook onions in bacon drippings. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and garlic to make a paste. Add milk gradually to make a white sauce. Heat and stir until smooth and thick. Add spinach.

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to be trying this. My DH loves any kind of greens. I'm not too sure about little big chief, but it grows pretty good in our garden. I have never frozen it, but I should as it grows faster than I get it used...
    Thanks for the post. Lewaina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds yummy! I am definitly going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... I love spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spinach, but my family doesn't. I may try this to see if they will eat it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to try this! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete