1/3/09

Resolution: Week 1


Here's my first week's report on my New Year's resolution.

This week I cleaned out my two junk drawers and put things where they belong. They were mostly full of papers, so this included oodles of shredding and lots of filing, which I haven't quite finished yet. I made one drawer into a phone book / notepad drawer, and the other will remain a junk drawer, although it's mostly empty now.

My aprons, which were crammed into one of the drawers, have another drawer of their own: I had two utensil drawers that were almost empty, so I combined them to make way for the aprons.

I actually have a place to file mail and papers as they come in; most of the papers I took care of today were from when we first moved here. I hope I can keep up with them now!

5 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel so good to declutter? That's how I've been spending my past couple of days and it's a huge relief!!

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I need to follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE to declutter! I tend to do my spring cleaning during the winter time right after Christmas too. I think I will have to work on my telephone desk that seems to keep growing paper and more paper all the time. Thanks for the reminder. I hope that your resolution lasts for the whole 52 weeks! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work!! Wish I could say I had accomplished anything this week. Well, I did get my tree down. Perhaps I should resovle to just keep my dining table cleared off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to "return and report" I think it helps you be more accountable and accomplish your goals. I've got the de-clutter bug too-since the day after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete