This is for Danielle, and anyone else who enjoys staring at the bulk bins at the natural foods store.
- Tomato and spinach soup, featuring semolina. This is one of my all-time favorite soups, and I have made it several times. Don't add too much semolina like I did once, or you'll end up with porridge.
- Vegetarian split pea soup, featuring split peas. I was skeptical of a split pea soup without ham or some kind of meat for flavoring, but I'll never go back now that I've had this.
- Muesli breakfast bars, featuring rolled oats, soy flour, dry milk, wheat germ, and dried apples. These are really good and really healthy!
- Quinoa tabbouleh, featuring quinoa. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it looks very similar to my regular recipe featuring bulgur, so I'm excited to try it for a main dish.
- Mediterranean couscous and lentils, featuring couscous and lentils. This is one of our new favorites. You can use any sort of lentils in this recipe.
- Garlic parmesan flax crackers, featuring flax meal. We just made these for the first time last week and they were a hit! (I used 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder instead of 1 1/2 and they were just right.)