1/12/09

BLT dip


This is a wonderful dip that I've made a few times around here, including on New Year's Eve. I like to serve it with slices of French bread.

---

BLT Dip
adapted from a Betty Crocker magazine

1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1 cup sour cream (fat-free and low-fat are okay)
1/2 package ranch dip mix (or 1 tablespoon buttermilk powder, black pepper to taste, a pinch of garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon parsley)
1/4 to 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 tomatoes, chopped, salted, and left to drain for 15 minutes
2 green onions, chopped

Spread the lettuce on your serving dish. Mix together the sour cream, ranch dip mix, bacon, and about 3/4 of the green onions. Layer half the sour cream mixture on top of the lettuce, then half the tomatoes, then the remaining sour cream mixture and tomatoes. Garnish with reserved green onions.

12 comments:

  1. This sounds super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I still had a social life because that BLT dip looks wonderful. And sounds more wonderful. I'm going to have to save it because you never know someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds yummy, and the colors, red and green are so pretty and bright. I am going to copy this one down and add it to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I will be making that ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I'm hosting "Tasty Tuesday" tomorrow. You should stop by and bring this awesome dip! The more the merrier! My boys are going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmm-I'm copying these:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY!!!! I have been so behindon reading blogs. I can't believe I missed this one! YUMMMMMY! I am going to have to make this very very soon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete