12/3/08

The world through glasses


Mr. Mordecai has very bad eyesight, and mine is perfect. This sometimes leads to discussions in which I wonder what it's like to need glasses. Mr. Mordecai found me this picture this morning, which he says is quite accurate (except his eyesight is worse). Wow!

Image credits: Photo by Hackfish, found here. Seattle refracted through eyeglasses. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 2.5 License. In short: you are free to share and make derivative works of the file under the conditions that you appropriately attribute it, and that you distribute it only under a license identical to this one.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder a lot how it would be not to need my glasses. But mostly when I think of it, I spend my time being very grateful that glasses exist. I think how bad it would be to have eyesight like mine in a time before glasses. I have really bad sight, like your Mr, and it would just be terrible to try to funtion without my glasses.

    That picture is pretty acurate, but with my sight, the buildings might not even register, because they'd probably just look like a big white layer to the sky. That's the best I can describe it. I sure am glad they can make me glasses to let me see everthing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a wonderful photo for what it is like. I can sit at my home pc and read the screen but only up close without my glasses. My dad's eye sight is so bad he wears contacts, because the glasses he has to get are THICK.

    You truly are blessed to have good sight! Hopefully Red Chief will get that from you. Hubby's and my kids are doomed, as both of us, and all of our parents, and siblings need corrective lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TFS! My husband has bad eyesight too, I'm just a blur to him in the morning. This was a neat way to see what he sees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember thinking when I first got my glasses (almost 10 yrs ago) "The trees actually have leaves!" Before the glasses, everything was a little blurred... I didn't know you were actually supposed to read the menu board at fast food restaurants! Your post reminds me... must make an appointment with the eye dr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like your Mr., my hubby had PERFECT eyesight until he became forty, and now he needs them more than I do. I love this photo!

    ReplyDelete