12/11/08

One pot pasta


When I posted last week's menu, Chrissy asked about One Pot Pasta. Since this is one of my favorite meals, I'll share it! It's very easy, fast, and yummy. It's probably on my top five list of comfort foods; I used to beg my mom to make it.

For a complete meal, add white beans, ground beef, or chicken. Sometimes I even cook a few chicken thighs right in the pot, giving them a head start in the microwave. For a pantry or food storage meal, use canned meat or beans to complete the meal.

---

One Pot Pasta

2 14-ounce cans chopped tomatoes
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1¼ cups water
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
12 ounces spiral pasta

Bring first four to a boil. Add pasta. Simmer 16-18 minutes, until pasta is tender.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds good. I'll bet being boiled right in the sauce makes the pasta extra flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter had to make a Greek dish for school a couple of weeks ago. The one we made was pretty similar to this but used lentils instead of the pasta. It was pretty good.

    I'm wondering if this would work in crockpot? Have you ever tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do almost this same recipe. First I brown ground beef in the pan with some onions and green peppers if I have them. Then add all the other ingredients to cook. Also we like to top with cheese. Thanks for the tip on throwing in chicken, sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried it in the crockpot. It would probably work, though.

    ReplyDelete