12/31/08

New Year's Eve


Last year I told you about our tradition of staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve, reading and eating weird fruit. We'll be attempting that again this year, probably with the bulk of the reading being done after Red Chief goes to bed.

The only problem is that I don't think our grocery store in this area offers any fruits that we haven't tried. We've thought about doing cheeses, or just fruits we like but don't buy often, or just any old snacks. I think we'll go to the store and find out what happens!

6 comments:

  1. My husband's family always did appetizers like egg rolls and other snacks for New Year's and so my mr. likes to keep that tradition. This year we picked up some of the frozen snacky type things that we never buy instead of doing any from scratch, since we've been traveling and just got back home. I really like your fruit idea though! I might have to add that in. It would definately counter all that bad for us cheesy and greesy type snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember an article in the NY Times, perhaps, about fruit tasting clubs. I was going to recommend Melissa's (http://www.melissas.com/Products/Categories/Fruit.aspx) but after doing a google, I realize there are A LOT of fruit sellers out there. It does seem pricey though and you would have to have some prep time for a night of "Getting to Know You: the Fruit Edition." Lots of luck at the grocery store! It sounds like a great idea. I, unfortunately, am packing my hubby's things for his very extended trip (6 mos or more) up north--for work. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! Did you look at your predictions from last year? How many had come true?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you found some 'weird fruit' to celebrate with! Happy New Year to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a great time looking at predictions. About 1/3 of them were true, including who would be President of the U.S. We're trying to think up some good ones for next year now.

    ReplyDelete