12/29/08

Found by accident

All images link to sources.

A few weeks ago when my mom was visiting, we scoured the internet for the pattern of a saucer that I like that I picked up at the thrift store several months ago. It's become my favorite from my saucer collection; the raised pattern and the opaque glass-like texture really piqued my curiosity.

Our only leads were the Anchor-Hocking mark on the bottom and my mom's opinion that it probably pre-dated her. Alas, though, we didn't find the name of the pattern.


I'd forgotten about our search today when, on a whim, I looked on eBay for jadeite. One of the first results that came up was this beautiful green saucer, which I immediately recognized to be the same as my little saucer, just in a different color.



Finally armed with the pattern name, I was able to find a full set immediately, and some information about the pattern. My mom was right, it does pre-date her: it was made in the 1940s. I'm glad to have finally satisfied my curiosity.

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! The green is particularly lovely but boh pieces are exquisite. Good score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you discovered replacements.com?

    Love the green piece, though I don't think I've ever seen jadeite in person.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete