12/19/08

15-minute ramen lunch


A few days ago, Red Chief demanded ramen noodles for lunch. Since he's been acting two lately, I decided that this was a battle I didn't want to fight, even though I don't like ramen noodles. (Due to my teenage habit of eating a package every single day after school, I eventually burned out on them).

I didn't want to give him just noodles for lunch: what kind of a mother would that make me? So I started thinking and came up with something that we could both enjoy and that I could feel good about.


15-minute ramen lunch

2 packages ramen noodles, cooked and drained, without seasoning
3-4 eggs, scrambled
1 16-ounce package frozen stir-fry vegetables, cooked and drained
1 recipe stir fry sauce

Toss all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Serves 3-4. (Estimated cost: $2)

(Inspired by TJ's no-money meal)

4 comments:

  1. oh cool!!! I have tons of ramen noodles that I had no idea how to use. I got them for a 72 hour kit. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nod! I thought it sounded a lot like my no-money meal. Which we still love. My husband actually likes to have fried bologna and eggs with his noodles. I cook and try not to smell the bologna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummmmmmm.... emily eats ramen 4 or 5 times a day.... everyday.... I usually make only a half or a third of a batch and cook it in the microwave to make it easier.
    Emily is soooo picky I have trouble getting her to eat anything but noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMMMM! I need to get some ramen! My mom used to put hard boiled eggs in it or if we had left over chicken or steak....YUM!

    ReplyDelete