8/1/08

Garden in progress


I haven't gotten much done this week due to arthritis medication issues (again), but luckily my garden is still going strong, thanks to automatic sprinklers (speaking of which, guess which garden box is closer to the sprinkler?).

The tomatoes and cucumber have blossoms, my bachelor's buttons will bloom soon, the lettuce has shot up alarmingly without heading (probably because of the heat), and everything is going strong! The radishes are long gone and we are going to have pesto from the basil tonight. Spinach will be on the menu soon, too, and maybe some lettuce soup and lavender lemonade.

Feel free to ignore the weedy yard. We just discovered last week that the people who lived here before us never really took out the rocks before they planted the lawn, and I'm afraid it's going to take a lot more than weed killer and fertilizer to get it into shape! It's too hot to spend much time out there now, but I hope that in the fall and spring we can get more done.

17 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love watching the progress of a garden as it grows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good!

    I've decided to just embrace my improperly seeded incredibly clover-y bumpy yard. It's cheaper than tearing it out and starting over again. Especially because we're talking two acres of it. If I had my way, I'd get a tractor, plow under the whole thing, and plant wheat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic!!
    Sorry your grass is such a nuisance, but hey, it could be worse, my back yard is still a dirt pit after 8 years of living here. How pathetic am I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is beautiful. I didn't see anything but beautiful plants and green grass. You'll have everything the way that you want it in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gardening can be fun..if it's not too hot!! I love my garden but like you it needed lots of work when we first moved..but you'll get there.
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog. We have something else in common apart from scrapping and gardening that is..I have an autoimmune thyroid disease too. I know it's not much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks lovely - you obviously have "green fingers".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet another sq ft garden! (Please tell me what you use for your trellis) Yours is so pretty! I hope your not melting in this heat, and get to enjoy some outside time (and LOTS of inside time)-I'll be back!
    (Carla-LDS in TX)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your garden looks fantastic, gardening is a lot of hard work but so worth the rewards in the end
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is amazing :). You should be proud of the progress it's made, I don't see any weeds!

    Have a Wonderful Evening!
    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fabulous! I'm so proud! I have no green thumb at all. I have one potted plant and I'm glad it has lived this long. At least I think its still alive... I left it with a friend in Utah... I hope its ok...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is really neat and tidy! I love watching things grow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done! Your garden is truly beautiful. You must have a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so neat and nice. Our garden is a little too close. This was a first one!

    Hey, I want to feature you on one of my Spotlight Monday's.

    email me: chrissie80@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden is beautiful, I love the look of boxed gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! Good luck on my give-away!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your garden looks great!
    And I hopped to your link to find out more about lettuce soup...I had never heard of this, and what a great idea!
    Blessings,
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I'll try a garden box...it may work for me here! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete