7/24/08

Thrifted finds


My last couple of trips to the thrift store have been quite good. I have a reprint of this vintage cookbook, but how could I pass up the original? A white jar with red cherries that says "Sugar" will be perfect to get my brown sugar out of its ugly bag. I've been wanting a double boiler forever.

I was intrigued by this heavy ceramic bottle with a ship on the front, a raised windmill on the back, and the words "Federal law forbids sale or re-use of this bottle." Oops. It's going in the bathroom when we get some shelves up. I looked up the statement and found this. It looks like it dates from 1935 and 1960, and may have contained liquor.

8 comments:

  1. There is nothing quite as fun as a good day at the thrift store :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thrift store finds! They feel like the reward from treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky buys! I love the cook book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to hit up the thrift stores, too. Those are some good buys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cherries! :) Thrift store shopping is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun stuff! I love being able to find great stuff at thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! I love the bottles and the old cookbook. I've not had much luck at the thrift stores around here but there are some antique stores that are more like thrift stores where I have found some good and interesting buys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I came across your blog through Vicki's (a work in progress) That book, I Can Fly, it was my very favorite when I was a little girl. I have it in a collection of golden classics. I love your finds, how fun.

    ReplyDelete