7/25/08

The Real Mother Goose


It's been quite awhile since I highlighted anything from Project Gutenberg, so here we are. Red Chief loves nursery rhymes lately, so I looked this up for him: The Real Mother Goose.

The Real Mother Goose was illustrated by Blanche Fisher Wright and published in 1916. I love that it is such a huge collection, and I also love the beautiful, simple illustrations.

Here are Red Chief's favorite rhymes:
The Farmer and the Raven
Humpty Dumpty

And here are my favorite pictures:


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I used to have that book when I was little! What is project Gutenburg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have this book and I love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Project Gutenberg is the attempt to put books in the public domain online. You can see it here:

    gutenberg.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 copies of this book! 1 was mine from when I was a child, and the 2nd was given to Kaia as a gift from our realtor after we bought our home. It's a good one! I especially loved reading it when I was in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mother Goose. So many childhood memories I have involving her. Especially my grandmother changing some of the words because she didn't believe in lambs coming home without tails and thought that Daddy should CATCH the baby, cradle and all.
    Thanks for the great reminder.
    *hugs*
    Shimmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son is on a big Mother Goose kick right now. He always asks me to read from what he calls our Humpty Dumpty book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really gonna have to check out that book, its adorable and I'm really in desperate need of books to read to Emily.

    ReplyDelete