5/2/08

Tidying the pantry


Before: How embarrassing! I never really took the time to get my pantry and kitchen cupboards comprehensively organized after we moved in this January. I was just getting the boxes unpacked as fast as I could. I am just now getting around to organizing some of the things I have been putting off.


After: Much better! Some food moved to our food storage closet in another room, a few appliances relegated to a giveaway pile, the shelves wiped down, the cans and bottles organized, and there you have it! Far more space than I ever knew I had. And some food I didn't know about, either. It definitely pays to clean.


7 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm embarrased to admit that I thought the top photo looked mighty clean! I don't have a pantry, just a cupboard above the bar and some larger items thrown in with my pots and pans underneath the bar. I fully admit to losing things like 2 cans of tuna underneath the disaster.

    Guess I better go read the pantry link, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think it looked worse if you saw the onion peels and oatmeal spilled on the shelves and me digging around for fifteen minutes trying to find what I needed. The shelves are so deep that things really get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really makes you feel good when things are all organized, doesn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not the only one that thought the top photo looked great! :) I have a very small pantry. When I cleaned it out a couple of months ago, it looked just as bad when I got it put back together! *blush* Oh, well...

    I hope your plant endeavor goes well. What a cute idea for a little kitchen garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind comment about my coasters. I had fun making them. Your pantry looks better than mine. Maybe I'll work on that tomorrow.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, i so need to do this at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the first picture was messy, I need you at MY house!! It would take me a day to get mine to look like that! I love your ideas... looking back at your week without groceries... and some of your recipes sound ingenious!!! That tomato soup cake is a MUST-try recipe! Love your blog... found you through Vicki at A Work in Progress and am so glad I took on her challenge to "look".

    ReplyDelete