5/29/08

Inspiration

Okay, I don't really have anything interesting to share, as I'm playing catch-up at the moment. Instead, here are some articles that have caught my attention and inspired me lately.
  • Easy Peasy Skirt Tutorial at Singing a Verse of My Song. If I had a little girl and sewing talent, I would try this!
  • Black Sticky Gingerbread at 101 Cookbooks. I just had this at a friend's house, and it was amazing! Not for the faint of heart, though.
  • White Linens at Allsorts and Hand Laundry at Pleasant View Schoolhouse make laundry actually look fun!
  • Can She Bake a Cherry Pie? at Tomato Soup Cake. Wow. Nerdy, domestic, and yummy. Great combination. I'm going to put this idea aside for next year's Pi Day (March 14).
  • Cinderella at A Comfy Chair and a Good Book. This book looks amazing! I have it on hold at the library right now. I love the illustrations, and I've always had a soft spot for the story of Cinderella. It certainly helped me get a lot of housework done when I was an imaginative, "overworked" pre-teen.
  • Reclaiming My Room at My Full Hands. The day after we came back from our trip, I went wandering all over our house looking for a clean, peaceful place to read my scriptures. I finally settled on an extra, empty room. I thought about this article and a few hours later, our room was peaceful once again: suitcases, travel fallout, and Red Chief's toys gone.

2 comments:

  1. I love gingerbread. That cake sounds amazing. I am going to have to try it.
    Thanks for link, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking to my blog! and my dd will take the "nerdy" aspect as the supremest of compliments, so i will be sure to pass it along:)

    btw, this is a great idea for a post- links to the fun or inspiring stuff on other blogs... share the bloggy love and all that;)

    ReplyDelete