5/5/08

Confessions


Confession: I went to the grocery store Friday.

Excuse: Someone from church called us up Thursday and asked us over for dinner the next day and requested that we bring fresh guacamole. What was I supposed to say? I said yes, of course, and went to the store, since we don't really keep avocados hanging around in the pantry. I almost stopped at the ingredients, but I couldn't help tossing an extra bag of chips into the cart for Mr. Mordecai.

Conclusions: (1) It's easier not to buy anything when you're not going to the store in the first place. (2) I have no self-control when it comes to buying treats for Mr. Mordecai. But I don't think I want to change that.

4 comments:

  1. I would have gone to the store too!

    I would also have to agree with your conclusions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that did call for a grocery store trip. Luckily for me, I already have the guac stuff waiting in the kitchen for dinner tonight as this post might have made me want to make an "emergency" run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot count the amount of times I've gone to the store for just one or two items and left with a cart full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way with buying treats for my husband. It is a fun game to see how far below $25 I can get my budget so I have money available for ice cream or something for him

    ReplyDelete