5/15/08

Big bed

When Mr. Mordecai was gone last week, Red Chief was having a hard time sleeping, so I let him sleep with me for a few nights.

Ever since then, Red Chief has been talking about beds all day. (Which means he goes around saying, "Bed, bed, bed!") He's been sleeping on his crib mattress on the floor, but he stayed in the bed really well when he slept with me, so I thought the time was ripe.

We already had the mattress and all the bedding except a mattress pad, which should be arriving sometime this week. I haven't finished his quilt yet, but he can use my old one that my mom and I made during college until I do that. It has flowers on the top, so we turned it over so it wouldn't be too girly (as if Red Chief cares at this point, but still).


As soon as we told Red Chief that this was his bed, he knew what to do.


He loved helping Daddy put the bed together. "Bang, bang!" he yelled.



Red Chief slept all night in his bed. He didn't wake up and he didn't fall out.

I think he approves.

14 comments:

  1. Ooohh, love it when they get their own big bed!
    Glad that your hubby is back and that you and your little guy are on the mend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Red Chief! Mo has those same pants, I love them. We're going to be in the upper 80's and 90's though, so no more wearing them except camping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing a little kiddo asleep in a big bed. It reminds me how fast they are growing, but also how small and sweet they still are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are too cute! I love seeing little kids in big beds-it makes them look so tiny! :-) T
    I'm glad he likes his new bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't he adorable! I love it when they get a gift and are so proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWW, how fun! Doesn't it make you happy and sad at the same time when they do big kid things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can remember my daughter falling out of bed on several occasions. In fact I am surprised that she doesn't still considering that she has usually flopped head over heels the wrong way in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a big step to graduate to his own big boy bed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks so tiny in his big boy bed!
    I remember when my own son was moved from the crib to a bed. He looked just as tiny..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie! I'm glad he likes his big boy bed!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a doll baby he is!...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how cute! He looks as pleased as Punch.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww the transition to the Big Boy Bed! I think I actually cried when this event occurred with Jayden :*(

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, my, nice bed, adorable boy.. i approve as well:)

    ReplyDelete