4/24/08

Whimsical flowers


Mr. Mordecai brought me home some very colorful flowers (thanks!), which called for a change in my little sink-side arrangement in the kitchen. I put away the glass pedestal bowl and filled Red Chief's Easter basket with fruit instead. I put the flowers in a thrifted hobnail milk glass tumbler and finished it off with a grape Nehi bottle from our honeymoon. I like it. It looks like spring!

On a side note, I have kept the kitchen clean since Saturday! This is close to a miracle, since usually I just kind of run a load of dishes whenever we're about to run out of sippy cups and then give it a good cleaning twice a week. I like this way better. That way it's always clean (or five minutes away from it). One of my favorite parts of cleaning the kitchen is doing a little decorating afterward. It's my treat for finishing!

15 comments:

  1. Love your flowers! And kudos for keeping the kitchen clean! Not an easy thing to do. ☺ I am trying to be better at that, but it seems that I am over-run by paper all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of fresh fruit in a basket. It is simple, and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are so bright and cheery. I like your idea of cleaning it up, then decorating. I am trying to develop better homemaking habits, myself. I am LDS, also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring has sprung in your kitchen!
    Love the colorful flowers in the
    hobnail vase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are gorgeous!

    You have a pretty neat kitchen.

    Arlene,
    Poulsbo flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty flowers...so very cheerful and how fun, your pop bottle from your honeymoon...neat. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous, gorgeous flowers...the colors are so vivid and bright! So bright, they made my day a bit brighter too. Thanks for the share.

    My Show n Tell is ready for visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love how flowers brighten up whatever room they grace!? I am going out today before the rains come and bring in a couple of my roses so that I can enjoy them!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are so bright and cheery. Your kitchen looks so welcoming!

    Blessings

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such bright colours (and such a grey day here) - just what's needed to brighten it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your milk glass tumbler. I have collected some of it for years. So pretty for flowers!
    Kathy@ Mimi's Garden

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are such fun. Neon daisies! It is easier to keep things clean and tidy when there are decorative things to show off. I like to change things often to keep that freshly-decorated feeling.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW! Floral Brightness! I love them! Mr. M. has good taste! And might I say 3-cheers for "Grape Nehi"! I drank this stuff like water when I was a kid! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What bright colors! Congrats on keeping your kitchen clean. Mine's a mess. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. The grape Nehi bottle does look like spring with your pretty flowers. I love the hobnail tumbler as a vase. That was so sweet of your hubby to bring them to you.

    ReplyDelete