Kate at Our Red House tagged me for this meme. Thanks, Kate, this was very timely for me because I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I'd like to get it down on paper . . . erm, virtual paper.
Ten reasons I like to blog
- I get so many great ideas and inspirations from people's blogs!
- When I do housework all day, I like to have something to show for it. I can take a picture as proof that yes, it actually did look good before Red Chief woke up from his nap!
- Same with cooking. I just had to take a picture of my lovely jello mold, for example, before we destroyed it.
- If I'm feeling discouraged, I can scroll through what I've written and see that I have actually done something useful.
- There's a lot of weird/bad/untruthful stuff out there about Mormons. I would like to think that people can look at me and think that maybe we're just normal people, too. Hang on, maybe I am a little odd . . . :)
- People leave such nice, encouraging, helpful comments! No one has ever made me feel bad. I think that's amazing.
- I get to talk about homemaking! It's something I do all day, but somehow, it's just not a good conversation topic. This way, if people don't care, they don't have to listen.
- Sometimes I get to do fun things, like redecorate my blog all by myself.
- I get to see weird things people search for.
- Best of all, I get to learn, by reading and by doing.