4/3/08

Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies


My mom worked for a long time getting this recipe just right. The result is that everyone thinks I'm an amazing cook and asks for the recipe.

I promise you will love these if you're a fan of peanut butter and chocolate. In fact, I'd plan on making a double batch if I were you.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


½ cup butter or margarine
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups flour (half whole wheat works well)
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Beat in egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add flour.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Shape into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes.
7. Let cool ten minutes before removing to wire racks.

Makes 2 dozen.

(Art from Grandma's Graphics)

8 comments:

  1. This is similar to a recipe I use, but more exact instructions! I need to compare the two and use your mothers version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P. s., the dough freezes very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love peanut butter cookies but I've never tried to make them with chocolate chips! I might have to try to make these this weekend with my son!

    Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Desserts Edition recipe exchange! I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with chocolate and PB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PB and chocolate..perfect pair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I can smell these coming out of the oven... Super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMM...I love anything with peanut butter! I will be trying these ASAP!

    ReplyDelete