4/1/08

Meatballs and rice


This is my mom's recipe. When I was little, I was a little wary of the sweet and sour sauce, but I have grown to love it. If you don't feel like making meatballs, this sauce also works well with any sort of cubed, cooked meat.

Meatball Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 beaten egg
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
½ teaspoon salt

Sauce Ingredients
1 green pepper
1 onion
2 cans tomato soup
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon vinegar

Instructions
1. Make 25 small meatballs from the meatball ingredients.
2. Broil meatballs in 9 x 13 pan until brown.
3. In a frying pan, sauté onion and pepper in oil until tender.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients and meatballs and heat through. Serve over rice.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, yummy! I am going to try this tonight. I need to take a meal in to a friend who had a baby, and it sounds like a great option.

    Thanks for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add some pineapple to this and it is the freezer recipe that we loved when Mo was a newborn! One of the few from the frozen meal place that I've made over and over.

    Enjoy! I'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I LOVE meatballs! And this recipe sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is MY mom's recipe! One of my favourite meals to have at her house. I also love to make it for my family. Sometimes I add pineapple as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i made this last night for myself and husband. i "cheated" a bit and used trader joe's frozen turkey meatballs and only had one can of tomato soup and it was great! i plan to add pineapple the next time i make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this tonight! Delicious!! Might be one of my new favs!

    ReplyDelete